Friday, March 18, 2011

I took this picture in Chattanooga, TN on my little mini vacation 2 weeks ago. It's a sign of spring and I'm can't wait for warmer days.

A few photo tips:

Imagine your camera is like a window with shutters that open and close.
Aperture is the size of the window. If it’s bigger more light gets through and the room is brighter.
Shutter Speed is the amount of time that the shutters of the window are open. The longer you leave them open the more that comes in.
Now imagine that you’re inside the room and are wearing sunglasses (hopefully this isn’t too much of a stretch). Your eyes become desensitized to the light that comes in (it’s like a low ISO).
There are a number of ways of increasing the amount of light in the room (or at least how much it seems that there is. You could increase the time that the shutters are open (decrease shutter speed), you could increase the size of the window (increase aperture) or you could take off your sunglasses (make the ISO larger).

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is a pretty picture. I wish I could do more with my camera, I can change my ISO but I don't think I can change my shutter speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I need to play with my camera a little more and see if I can come up with anything!

    ReplyDelete